Enticing Flavours from Southern India
£70.00Course Date: 17/10/2019
Lunch is included with this course
Thursday 17th October 2019
10.00 am - 2.00 pm
Sasi returns to present a class on Southern Indian cuisine. The cuisine of Southern India is known for its light, appetising dishes. Ingredients like mustard seeds, dhal, hing (asafoetida), turmeric, black pepper and curry leaves are used to give a perfect blend of flavour, colour and taste. South Indian dishes are not just delicious but easily digestible.
You will learn how to cook
- Eral thokku - a thick prawn curry side dish
- Peas pulav - an aromatic one pot dish made with whole spices, herbs, rice and peas
- Nookal and carrot kolambu - a coconut based curry
- Kosambari - a traditional Indian salad, often prepared for special occasions
- Sweet aval - a sweet, light dish popular during festivities
Maximum 8 people. All abilities welcome.