Colombian Passion Food
£65.00Course Date: 24/01/2019
THIS COURSE INCLUDES LUNCH
THURSDAY 24TH JANUARY 2019
10.00 am - 2.30 pm
Honesty Cookery School is delighted to welcome Adriana Palmer. Adriana was born and brought up in Tolima, Colombia and is very knowledgeable and passionate about her country's cuisine.
Colombian food is diverse, each region of the country having its own characteristic dishes. This wonderful cuisine offers dishes that have been handed down from generation to generation, influenced by not only indigenous Colombian culture, but Spanish, African and Arab cultures as well. Colombian food is versatile, rich, full of flavour, colourful and comforting.
On this course you will learn to prepare:
- Patacon pisao con guacamole criollo - plantain fritters with a chunky avocado salsa
- Sancocho Tolimense tres carnes - a flavoursome stew from the Tolima region cooked with three meats
- Ensalada arco iris - a colourful fresh salad
- Arroz al ajo – white rice flavoured with garlic and plantain leaves
- Hogao - a traditional sauce to top the stew
- Sorbete de maracuya - a passion fruit sorbet
Maximum number of attendees 8. All abilities welcome.